4th Foreign Policy And Security Winter School: Wise Men Center for Strategic Studies
The Foreign Policy Winter School is organized by the Wise Men Strategic Research Center (BILGESAM) - one of the leading think tanks of Turkey. BILGESAM is a private, non-profit research center that cooperates with well known international research centers and institutions.
Turkey is located at very critical geography. On one hand it is a NATO member and strategic partner of the USA. On the other hand, it is located in the neighborhood of the regional powers like Iran and Russia which both of them play extremely important role at the contemporary world politics. Furthermore, Turkey has border with the Middle Eastern countries in which there is a continuous civil war and turmoil. Being located in such critical geography, Turkey should develop effective foreign policy which not only can prevent Turkey from potential security threats but also can bring peace and security to the whole region.
The Foreign Policy Winter School is organized by the Wise Men Center for Strategic Studies (BILGESAM)- one of the leading think tanks of Turkey. BILGESAM is a private, non-profit research center that cooperates with well known international research centers and institutions. The Winter School will include all aspects of Turkish Foreign Policy, main actors of policy-making processes, institutes and Turkey’s relations with regional and global powers. Regional security topics such as Turkey’s role on the Middle Eastern security, Black Sea security, security of the South Caucasia, are also in the agenda. Furthermore, courses on regional energy security issues and Turkey’s energy policies also will be covered by professional experts.
With the successful completion of the BILGESAM Foreign Policy Winter School you will:
- Get deep understanding on contemporary Turkish Foreign Policy;
- Become familiar with key trends at the Middle East, the Black Sea and the South Caucasian regions;
- Become familiar with Turkey’s policies and strategies on regional and global conflicts and crisis;
- Get deep understanding on current energy projects at the region and their global influence.
The courses during the winter school will be taught by professional experts both from Turkey and abroad such as university lecturers, high-ranking think thank research fellows, and Turkish and international diplomats.
- General frame of Turkish Foreign Policy at the post-Cold War environment
- Security Issues in the Turkish Foreign Policy Agenda
- Turkey’s Middle East Policy
- Turkey and Security of the Wider Black Sea region
- Turkish-Russian political, economic and military relations
- Turkey-Iran Relations
- Turkey-NATO Relations
- Turkey-EU Relations
- Turkey’s South Caucasus (Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia) policies
- Turkey’s Energy Policy and European Energy Security
Opportunity is About:
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: