4th Edition of KYATA Winter University for Security Studies
Kosovo Youth Atlantic Treaty Association (KYATA) has the immense pleasure of inviting you to participate at the 4th Edition of KYATA Winter University for Security Studies “2020 Collective Defense and International Security: Importance of NATO and European Union Common Foreign and Security Policy (EUCFSP)” on 07 – 10 February 2020 at NATO Corner of National Library of Kosovo in Prishtina, Kosovo.
This Winter University provides a unique opportunity for university and college students to study the role, structure and activities of NATO and other security organizations, as well as the military, political – security, and economic issues facing the Alliance. Through this Winter University, students gain a better and clearer understanding of the capabilities and constraints that shape the policies of NATO and EU countries in determining matters of Collective Security. Furthermore, it will provide a great opportunity for participants to see the weaknesses and threats that these security actors will face in 2020. Apart from dealing with a prepared agenda, students grapple with a contemporary crisis to be revealed at the Winter University.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
4th Edition of KYATA Winter University for Security Studies is designed to:
1. Increase awareness of the role, organization and activities of NATO in the defense of shared democratic values;
2. Highlight the major military – security and political issues facing NATO and EU Member States;
3. 2020 Collective Defense and International Security Threats;
4. Demonstrate patterns of cooperation and conflict that characterize intra – NATO diplomacy;
5. Increase the knowledge for current crises that are threatening our societies such as hybrid warfare, refugees and other major security concerns; and
6. Balkan crossroads Russian influence vs Euro – Atlantic Integration of the Western Balkan Countries.
Topics that will be discussed during this Winter University, but not limited to, include:
• What is NATO?
• Decision Making Process in NATO;
• Collective Defense and International Security Threats in a globalizing world;
• What is the EU CFSP?
• Responsibility to Protect;
• Democratic Oversight of National Security Institutions;
• United Nations Security Council (UNSC);
• International Security and new unconventional threats;
• Terrorism and international terrorist organizations – how to fight them?
• International Security Organizations; and
• Refugee’s Crises.
The course does not require special knowledge about security policies and institutions, European politics, law, history or culture, but participants should be interested in more than just their field of specialization. In-class participation, especially in the discussions with experts, is essential for the course success and plays an important role in grading. Therefore, on this activity, below target groups, but not limited to, can participate:
• Students and young professionals with different academic backgrounds and a general interest in security and Euro – Atlantic integration;
• Students and young professionals interested to develop their intercultural and interdisciplinary learning process;
• Students and young professionals, civil servants, mass communication experts, young politicians and even parliamentary officials who want to further their knowledge of the NATO Security processes; and
• The ones who are interested in security policies and institutions, European politics, laws, history or culture.
Each participating university, students or participants will write an article that must meet the criteria’s to be published in London College in the United Kingdom and also Scientific Global Challenge Magazine of the Diplomatic Academy of Albania.
This activity will take place in Prishtina, the capital of the Republic of Kosovo. For the foreign students taking part in this event, the accommodation will be provided at the Private Apartments in Prishtina.
Upon the registration, participants shall receive preparatory material, which includes the Agenda, Winter University Handbook and pertinent NATO publications and other sources. During this activity participants will also have the opportunity to experience:
Cultural tours in:
• Vushtria, the oldest city in Kosovo,
• Prizren, the most beautiful city in Kosovo, and
• Kosovo National Library, greatly designed architecture.
• Kosovo National Parliament,
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and
• Ministry of Defense (TBD).
Again, thanks to the generosity of KYATA and its great Partners, supporters and sponsors, the student’s exchange remains its highest priority in whose activities you can make use of the low cost of this event in comparison with other International events and activities in the Balkan Peninsula and abroad. For a very reasonable price, you will get the highest academic standards including an exciting cultural and social academic program in the Republic of Kosovo.
The tuition fees are as follow:
• For the participants from Kosovo, the tuition fee is 55 Euros,
• For the participants from all other states, the tuition is 142 Euros.
Tuition fees will cover:
• For participants from Kosovo will include three breakfasts, three lunches, coffee breaks, lectures, workshops, materials and social events; and
• For participants from all other states will include housing for three nights, three breakfasts, three lunches, coffee breaks, lectures, workshops, materials and social events.
The only thing you have to worry about is to get concentrated only on studying, giving your best and enjoying yourself. The only costs not included in the price are travel costs and health insurances.
However, all costs regarding the bank transfer of the participation fees so-called transfer fees, have to be covered by the interested applicants/participants.
KYATA team is happy to announce two fully scholarships which will be provided for Kosovo and International participants based on their request. The scholarships will cover all costs mentioned in the fee.
Entire activities of this Winter University are supported by:
• “NATO Corner” of the National Library “Pjeter Bogdani”, Kosovo,
• “London College, United Kingdom, and
• “Global Challenge Magazine”, Tirana, Albania
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE
All participants or candidates that NEED NO VISA TO ENTER to the Republic of Kosovo are eligible to apply at the 4th Edition of KYATA Winter University for Security Studies.
Interested participants that would like to take part in this Winter University, must send their CVs and Motivation Letters to by Sunday, 2nd February, 2020, at 23:59h.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: