- University of Washington Department of History Scholarships and Awards
- University of Wisconsin Eau Claire History Scholarships
- The University of Utah Department of History Scholarships and Financial Aid
- University of Illinois History Department Awards
- Texas State History Department Scholarships
- Northern Arizona University Department of History Scholarships
- University of Wisconsin Milwaukee College of Letters & Science History Scholarships
- Miami University History Scholarships
- James Madison University History Scholarships
- University of Montana History Department Scholarships
- Institute of Historical Research Fellowships
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowships
- Science History Institute Fellowships
- Fellowships and National Museum of American History
- Harvard University History Department Fellowships and Grants
- New York Historical Society Fellowships
- Columbia University Department of History Fellowships and Financial Aid
- UC Berkeley Department of History Campus Fellowships
- American University Washington Public History Fellowships
- Historian Association Fellowships
- Organization of American Historians Conference on American History
- International Conference on History and Culture
- The Social History Society Conference
- American Historical Association Annual Meeting
- European Social Science History Conference
- World History Association Conferences
- International Planning History Society Conferences
- Association for Political History Conferences
- European Social Science History Conference
- International Cycling History Conference
History relevant accounts on Twitter
History as an area of study
Throughout human thought development, the subjects of academic interests have been periodically changing and improving depending on the different stages of social evolution. Nevertheless, history as an area of Study is among the few fields with the longest history and remains of great importance, maintaining a high level of attention and interest. History is one of the primary school subjects in many countries of the world. It is also a very famous area of research in most universities and academic institutions. In a nutshell, history is an area that studies time or, to be more precise, the past. Studying history is significant because to be able to live in the present and plan the future correctly, we have to know our past. Thus, the essence of history as a discipline is not just recording the facts but also studying their causes and consequences.
Possibilities for history students and careers for students of history
Nowadays, there are many possibilities for those who have an interest in history as a study discipline. History departments are available in many international universities suggesting plenty of interesting and fully funded programs for students and scholars. Naturally, some courses refer to world history in general and the history of different fields, areas, and things. Among them could be Medieval History, History of Europe, History of Science, History of Music, History of Art, Modern History, History of Computers, and even history of various outstanding personalities and many other variations with Art History is one of the most popular and demanded disciplines for the time being. Even if the university does not have a history department, it will offer general history courses or a history of subjects specializing. For instance, technical universities, such as MIT, CIT, and others, would have programs on the History of Science and so forth.
If you are a prospective student or scientist and want to improve your education in history, there are many different programs offered for you worldwide. And it does not matter if you do not have enough financial abilities as nowadays there are many funding opportunities for promising individuals. The problem is that you just have to know where and how to find fully funded history programs. Most of those opportunities are introduced on the free database of Armacad.info, where you can use comfortable search and filter tools and find such history scholarship announcements that best match your particular needs.
If you want to study history abroad, one of the main possibilities is to take part in an international history summer school. History summer schools are quite common today. They may be short but at the same time quite comprehensive, suggesting very convenient combinations of education with vacations. You can study the history of a country visiting it and completing different topics concerning it by traveling through its different historical regions, museums, etc. So being involved in one of them can give unforgettable impressions and knowledge. During interdisciplinary, international summer school history, students can focus only on subjects related to history. Among all types of history summer programs, Art History summer schools have become very common recently. Such opportunities are presented in ARMACAD’s database, so you have a great choice here. General Art History program offers are particularly frequent from many European countries such as Spain, Italy, France, etc. Art history summer internships and fully funded history summer internships are effective methods that students can use to improve their education and gain more practical knowledge.
Besides these, ARMACAD also has a lot of suggestions for those who seek “long-term relationships'' with history, i.e., in Armacad.info, you can find financial aid for pursuing your degree in history. That may include scholarships, fellowships, or grants for history on undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and postdoctoral study levels and other varieties of research work. MA scholarships in history are among the most demanded directions of academic funding and give excellent opportunities to its holders. Those who take the next step in their academic career and decide to obtain a Ph.D. in History usually choose a narrower field for their postgraduate studies.
Continuing your academic career, you can always participate in history conferences, seminars, forums, and workshops.
Finally, Armacad has a job announcements platform with jobs for history majors. Whether you are looking for history jobs abroad or in your native country, you must always start searching for them in Armacad.info.
Careers for History Graduates
History repeats itself, and by learning the main patterns and cause-effect relationship between the past facts, history graduates become trained critical thinkers. As a history student, you will learn to make decisions by taking a comprehensive look at the situations and considering all the details. Also, historians develop oral and written communication skills, making them good candidates for communication or managerial roles.
History is one of the disciplines where the main career application is continuing the academic path. Historians usually become teachers for school-aged people and university professors. Also, many of them devote themselves to creating worthy literature in history studies.
Other than the mentioned, the main job occupations for historians include:
- Civil Service Administrator
- Academic Librarian
- Heritage Manager
- Academic Researcher
- Historic Buildings Inspector
- Historic Conservation Officer
- Museum/Gallery Curator
- Policy Officer
- Solicitor, etc.
It may sound paradoxical, but the easiest way to predict the future is to look at the past. The main patterns in life usually do not change, though they might not look so at first sight. So, we hope this section of ARMACAD will help you enrich your problem-solving skills and become a successful decision-maker by deepening your understanding of history.