VIVA Girls Grant Program
MADRE's VIVA Girls Initiative's first-ever open call for grants supports the leadership, power, creativity, and organizing of girls around the world!
Apply for a 12-month grant (financial support), and/or actively encourage girls and young women leaders to apply for a grant to resource their ideas, initiatives or organizations!
The grants (financial support) will be awarded in 2 cycles. These two cycles differ in the timeline for receiving funds, but do not differ in eligibility or any other criteria. Based on your application and our eligibility criteria, we will reach out about the second (and final) phase of the application process.
Eligibility criteria and funding priorities
apply for a VIVA Girls Grant (Financial Support):
- Be a community-based group or individual that:
- Works with girls and young women (up to age 30) who identify as Afro-descendant, disabled, Indigenous and/or LGBTIQ, and those from communities confronting climate crisis, war, conflict, disaster and their aftermath.*
- Is based in VIVA Girls geographic regions: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Pacific.
- Is looking for financial support (a grant) for a community project that works to meet immediate needs and also creates solutions to community challenges.
- Has an annual operating budget** under $100,000 US dollars.
- Plans to implement, or is currently implementing work that aims to:
- Build a Just Peace - preventing, surviving, and recovering from war, to create lasting peace.
- Advance Climate Justice - defending against climate crisis and advocating for just economic and environmental policies.
- End Gender Based Violence - confronting abuses and creating protections for women, girls, and LGBTIQ people.
In addition to meeting all of the above criteria, priority will be given to:
- Community-based groups or individuals that:
- Are led by people who identify as girls or young women (up to age 30).
- Are applying for grants (financial support) for the first or second time with little or no access to funding from larger donors.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.