TWAS-SISSA-Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Programme
A South-North-South Circular Programme for Sustainable Development
TWAS, in collaboration with the Lincei Academy and SISSA, offers young scientists from Least Developed Countries the opportunity to visit research laboratories in Trieste, Italy, such as SISSA, to carry out research work in scientific fields within the SISSA portfolio (please see below and also in the application form). Research proposals must fall under the umbrella of sustainability science and thus be relevant to areas that support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The purpose of these exchange fellowships is two-fold:
- to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career,
- to catalyze the formation of research links for further collaboration.
- Applicants must be a maximum age of 40 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Applicants must hold an MSc (or higher degree).
- Applicants must be nationals of a Least Developed Country.
- Applicants must hold a research position in a Least Developed Country.
- Particular attention will be given to research projects that fall under the umbrella of sustainability science.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants already on site in the host country are not eligible.
- Only applications in the scientific fields specified below and listed in the application form will be considered.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: