TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
The TWAS-CUI Fellowship Programme for Postgraduate Research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences. Duration: from a minimum of six months to a maximum of 3 years (up to 18 months for a sandwich programme).
- TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the campuses of the COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI). NB: In 2018, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) changed its name to COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI).
- SANDWICH Fellowships (for those registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period of 18 months.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may granted for a period of up to 3 years. Candidates will register for their PhD in the relevant department at one of the campuses of CUI, Pakistan.
- CUI-TWAS Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences - Development Studies, International Economics, Development Economics, Education and Science Education, Gender Studies, International Relations, Political Science.
- CUI will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not be on site in Pakistan;
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- hold an MSc degree in a field of natural sciences;
- IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a MSc degree in a field of social sciences;
- be a maximum age of 35 years by 31 December in the year if application;
- for SANDWICH Fellowships: be registered PhD students in a developing country and provide the "Registration and No Objection Certificate" from the HOME university (see sample in guidelines);
- for FULL-TIME Fellowships: be willing to register at a university in Pakistan;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from CUI (see the online application for a sample). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Mr. Kashif Masood, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: