Scholarships and Fellowships in Gender Studies
- Programs for Women in Science and Technology
- Wittig Postdoctoral Fellowship in Feminsit Biology, Center for Research on Gender & Women
- University at Buffalo, Gender Institute fellowship
- The Clayman Institute for Gender Research fellowship
- Indiana University of Bloomington fellowships
- Women and Gender Summer Fellowship Program
- Masters Degree in Women’s and Gender Studies Scholarship
- Gemma: Erasmus Mundus Master’s Degree in Women’s and Gender Studies
- AAUW International Fellowship
- Graduate Women International Fellowship
- Feminist Theory and Gender Studies Award, International Studies Association
Grants & Awards
- WGSS Award for Significant Achievement in Women and Gender Studies Librarianship
- Gender Studies Awards, University of Victoria
- National Women’s Studies Association awards and prizes
- Morgentaler Award
- Women’s and Gender Studies Awards, GENESEO
- Gender Studies Program Grants
- The Susan B. Institute Grants
Upgrade your academic degree
- Sexuality and Gender Studies PhD/MA by Research, University of Birmingham
- Gender Studies (Research), Utrecht University
- Sexuality, Women’s and Gender Studies, Amherst College
- Gender Studies, Mount Holyoke College
- Study of Women and Gender, Smith College
- Women’s and Gender Studies, Carleton
- PhD funding, University of Michigan
- Reproductive Rights Activist Service Corps Summer Internship Program
Expand your network
- Women’s & Gender Studies Research Network
- Five College Women’s Studies Research Center
- Financial Women’s Association
- Zonta International
- The International Research Association of Institutions of Advanced Gender Studies
- Asian Association of Women Studies
- European Association for Gender Research, Education and Documentation
- Rural Women’s Studies Association
- International Federation for Research in Women’s History
Follow relevant twitter accounts on Gender Studies
What Students will be Taught if Accepted to a Gender Studies Program?
Gender Studies is an interdisciplinary academic program, exploring gender roles in the society. The program views gender in diverse context of cultural, historic, political, economic and social factors. While exploring how feminine and masculine roles differ in cultures throughout the world, the program also puts a lot of emphasis on the historic aspect of how these roles have transformed and what is their characteristics today. Many modern undergraduate and graduate programs on gender studies explore this concept along with cultural, sociology, anthropology or other subjects.
Gender equality – the equality between men and women, is a universal right, that many of the modern states have acknowledged by ratifying international conventions on human rights. The right to equality has also been enforced by national legislations, but does it work? Or what is the real perception of gender roles and what are the cultural and political challenges on the way to gender equality and awareness? These are the main questions, that students of academic programs on gender issues ask themselves.
Gender mainstreaming comprises a major part of interdisciplinary program on gender studies. This area specifically focuses on the measures of making gender equality a central idea in all spheres of life: political agenda, non-profit work and development programs. Gender mainstreaming has become a major direction in government planning, developing public policy and responsible budgeting, which basically means gender equal distribution of budget.
A graduate degree in gender studies can lead to a successful career in diverse fields: it can be the commencement of an international career in gender related development programs or gender consultancy to non-profits, international organizations and state bodies.
Scholarships for pursuing a graduate degree in gender studies are diverse and, interestingly enough, these are offered not only by colleges and Universities, but also various international organizations and charities.
ARMACAD is your online guide in Gender Studies
ARMACAD offers a directory of fully funded undergraduate and graduate programs in gender studies, as well as workshops, forums, lectures and trainings. PhD and postdoctoral research opportunities on gender studies are also well presented on the portal. Explore our website with all possible search keywords and it will lead you to the right decision.