Tactical Tech is offering a residency in its offices in Berlin, Germany, for two months starting at the beginning of October 2015.
The residency is designed to support activists from Latin America, Africa, Asia, Central Asia, the Caucasus or the Middle East, who utilise digital technologies extensively in their work.
This is part of a project launched by the Tactical Technology Collective and Reporters without Borders Germany, meant to strengthen Berlin as a hub for a creative community that can inspire change around the world. In parallel, Reporters Without Borders will host a residency for a journalist.
We are looking for an experienced digital activist interested in joining a small team working internationally on issues related to Tactical Tech's current strategic priorities. This means you should be experienced in working in at least one of the following areas of activity :
As the resident, you will be provided with:
- support in your visa application process (if needed)
- plane tickets, health insurance and accommodation in Berlin for two months
- a monthly stipend covering your living expenses during your stay in Berlin
- an open minded, international workplace to develop ideas and projects
- individualised training on digital security
- the possibility of attending exciting relevant events in Berlin
How to apply
Fill in an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 July 2015.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM HERE:
.odt version Application_Form_Residency_2_2015.odt
.doc version Application_Form_Residency_2_2015.doc
.docX version Application_Form_Residency_2_2015.docx
Only properly completed application forms will be considered. Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview before mid-August.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com