2017-18 CEU/HESP Research Excellence Fellowship
Central European University (CEU) invites applications for the Research Excellence Fellowship program for the academic year 2017-18. The fellowship program is supported by the Higher Education Support Program (HESP) of the Open Society Foundations (OSF) and administered by the CEU Yehuda Elkana Center for Higher Education. Fellowships are offered to academics employed in higher education institutions and/or academic research institutions who wish to spend one or two terms at CEU conducting original research that will lead to a groundbreaking publication in an international peer-reviewed journal. The fellows can be hosted by any CEU department, school or research center.
Fellows are supported for a period of three to six months (one or two consecutive terms at CEU). Fellowship award covers travel costs to/from Budapest, accommodations in the CEU residence and a monthly stipend of 1,800 USD.
- Eligible countries: any country of the Global South;
- Eligible applicants should be employed, full-time or part-time, in the teaching or academic research institution in their home country at the time of application;
- Eligible applicants should hold a PhD or equivalent degree and have a substantial research record in an area that falls under one or more CEU academic units (departments, schools and research centers);
- Please note: those who are or who intend to be involved in projects, research, teaching, or other activities sponsored or co-sponsored by Open Society Foundations during the period of the Research Fellowship are not eligible to participate in the program;
- Applications not meeting eligibility requirements will not be considered.
- Fellows are required to be in residence at CEU for the entire duration of their fellowship;
- Fellows will provide a mid-term narrative report, and a final narrative report;
- Fellows will provide a draft article outline within three month of concluding the fellowship;
- Fellows will submit an article published or accepted for publication in an international peer-reviewed journal within one year after completing the fellowship. Fellows will clearly acknowledge CEU and OSF contribution in this publication.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: