6th Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 25 to 31 May 2020.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED, human rights, and peace building through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will also make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
Application for the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED must be submitted before 17 March 2020 (KST 23:59). Successful applicants will be notified by 26 March 2020. Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).
Participant Selection Criteria
Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of GCED at the local and national levels. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Born between 1992 and 2001
2. Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries
3. Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
4. Completion of the e-learning course titled “Becoming Global Citizens for a Sustainable Society” on GCED Online Campus by 9 March 2020
5. Proficiency in spoken and written English
1. Submission: Application must be submitted online. The deadline is 17 March 2020 (KST 23:59).
2. Notification: Notification of selection in the form of invitation letter will be sent by 26 March 2020.
3. Registration: All selected participants must register by 27 March 2020 at the latest. Late registration will not be accepted and will be considered as cancellation of participation. In case of cancellation, the invitation will be forwarded to the next applicant on the waiting list.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: