TWAS-NRF Postdoctoral Fellowship
- TWAS-NRF Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research institutions in South Africa for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of three years. They are awarded to scientists from developing countries (other than South Africa) to enable them to pursue postdoctoral research in the natural sciences.
- NRF will provide travel to and from South Africa, a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction will be English.
Please attach the required documents in one PDF file in the following order:
- Official acceptance letter from host institution;
- Certified copies of undergraduate and postgraduate certificates;
- Letter of release from employer in home country;
- English Language Proficiency Academic test if available; and
- SAQA evaluation certificate if available.
Should you not follow the guidelines for attaching the necessary documents, your application will not be considered.
Remember to submit your application upon completion.
No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application as early as possible.
- The call for applications where you will find the programme details, eligibility criteria, required documents and certificates as well as the online application form will only be available once the call opens. Applicants must be aware that NRF and TWAS will not accept applications submitted by any other means except via the online application portal.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered as will applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria.
- Contact the university postgraduate or research office for queries related to institutional processes and deadlines
- Queries concerning the call for applications to the TWAS-NRF Fellowships programmes should be directed to the contacts below:
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
Fax: +39 040 2240 689
National Research Foundation, South Africa
For NRF Online application and grants management related enquiries:
Ms Zikhona Lose
Professional Officer: Grants Management and Systems Administration (GMSA)
Telephone: 012 481 4365.
For funding instrument related enquiries:
Ms Nompumelelo Thwala
Professional Officer: Human and Infrastructure Capacity Development (HICD)
Telephone: 012 481 4232.
For international relations enquiries:
Mr Malose Ledwaba
Liaison Officer: International Relations and Cooperation
Telephone: 012 481 481 4356.