International Masters Scholarship
At a glance
- Applicants must be an international student who receives an offer; or a conditional offer, to commence study in 2020;
- Students who meet ECU standard course entry from Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyztan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Philippines, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, USA, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe are eligible for the International Masters Scholarship;
- Applicants are able to package with ELICOS;
- Open to prospective students (not current students); and
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting to 20% (percent) off their ECU tuition fees for the first year of their study.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an international student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury);
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- be enrolling in a Masters course at ECU for the first time;
- be issued an offer to study an applicable Masters course after 16 July 2019 (or as set out below);
- commence study in your postgraduate course in 2020;
- meet ECU’s direct academic entry requirements for the course of your choice; and
- study one of the following postgraduate courses:
Arts and Humanities
Master of Professional Design (J72); Master of Professional Communications (L44); Master of Design (L45)
And for offers issued after 28 November 2019: Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy (L67)
Business and Law
Master of Project Management (L99); Master of Supply Chain & Logistics Management (I78); Master of Marketing and Innovation Management (L42); Master of Laws (Research) (I74); Master of Human Resource Management (L75); Master of Business by Research (I73)
And for offers issued after 30 August 2019: Master of Business Administration International (L94); Master of Finance and Banking (L98); Master of International Hospitality Management (L89); Master of Management Information Systems (L71); Master of Professional Accounting (L97).
Master of Education (Advanced) (J89)
Master of Engineering (I59)
Medical and Health Science
Master of Critical Care Paramedicine (J84); Master of Medical and Health Science by Research (J90); Master of Nutrition and Dietetics (I49); Master of Paramedic Practitioner (J78); Master of Public Health (I62); Master of Science (Assisted Reproductive Technology (J51)
Master of Nursing (J88)
Master of Bioinformatics (I77); Master of Computer Science (I45); Master of Computing and Security by Research (I85); Master of Cyber Security (L33); Master of Environmental Management (L86);Master of Environmental Science (J48); Master of Science by Research (I84)
West Australian Academy of Performing Arts
Master of Arts (Performing Arts) (J40)
Terms and conditions
The following ongoing conditions apply to this scholarship:
- The scholarship recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment load of 60 credit points each semester or study period, and not defer their studies for more than one semester during their course.
- The scholarship recipient must not exceed 120 credit points in the first year for postgraduate studies
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. Scholarship funds will be applied on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU. This scholarship may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: