TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) for a minimum period of twelve (12) months to a maximum period of two (2) years and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences.
USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
The award of the fellowship is subject to obtaining in due course a final offer letter of admission from USM. Upon receipt of the USM-TWAS award letter from TWAS, candidates will need to contact in due course the Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS) of USM to apply for the final offer letter. In case the application for the final offer letter of admission is not approved by USM, the award will become null and void.
The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
Finding a Potential Supervisor
Finding a supervisor is compulsory before submitting to USM an application for a preliminary acceptance letter. The supervisor must be a USM Lecturer (Permanent Appointment).
The supervisor must have an active research grant within a minimum of one (1) year on the date when the application is received by the USM Human Resources Division, AND has graduated PhD students as Main Supervisor.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below