WHAT THE FELIX SCHOLARSHIPS OFFER
The Felix Scholarship scheme is available to high achieving students from India and other developing countries pursuing postgraduate studies at the University of Reading.
The scholarships cover tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (around £14,570). They also provide generous allowances for clothes, books and a return flight home. Please be aware that you will be asked to demonstrate financial need and spouses' costs will not be met.
The awards are available (depending on eligibility) for up to three years.
Applications are now open. The closing date will be on 30 January 2021.
Pre-alert applicants will be provided with more information in the coming weeks.
WHAT FELIX SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE?
Scholarships for Indian citizens
For Indian citizens, up to six Felix Scholarships are available to students pursuing either a PhD or a master's.
Scholarships for students from developing countries*
One award, for study at master’s level only, will be made to a student from a developing country.
*The Felix Trustees have indicated that the one scholarship available to students from 'developing countries' is aimed primarily at candidates from Africa and excludes "all Western countries, including most of the European Community, and China/Taiwan". If nominated by the University for the award, the eligibility of high-quality candidates from countries other than India and Africa will need to be approved by the Felix Trustees.
To be eligible for all the Felix Scholarships offered, you must be applying to start a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Reading, starting in September 2021. You must be able to demonstrate academic excellence and financial need and are expected by the Trust to return to work in your home country after completing your studies.
Please note, candidates who already hold a master's degree cannot apply for a master's degree scholarship.
For the scholarship for Indian citizens, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must be an Indian national and not currently be living or studying outside of India.
- You must have not previously studied for one year or more outside India.
- You must have at least a first-class bachelor's degree from an Indian university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor's level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at master's level.
- You must not hold a degree from a university outside of India.
This scholarship is available to students pursuing either a PhD or master's.
For the scholarship for students from developing countries, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must have at least a first-class bachelor's degree from a university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor's level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at master's level.
- You must not hold a degree from a university outside of your home country.
Please note that this scholarship is for master's level only.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: