For young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences at the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in Selangor, Malaysia.
- TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) for a minimum period of six (6) months to a maximum period of twelve months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences.
- UPM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- The award of the fellowship is subject to obtaining in due course a final offer letter of admission from UPM that must be approved by the UPM University’s Committee. Upon receipt of the UPM-TWAS award letter from TWAS, candidates will need to contact in due course the UPM School of Graduate Studies to apply for the final offer letter. In case the application for the final offer letter of admission is not approved by UPM, this award will become null and void.
- The language of instruction is English.
Submitting your application
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September of each year.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter (issued by the Dean of the UPM School of Graduate Studies) to TWAS, when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without the acceptance letter, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS. The subject line must contain UPM/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly. Applicants to the TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS only (by email).