Oxford University is world-famous for academic excellence. We pick the best and brightest students purely on their academic merit and passion for their chosen course. If that sounds like you, and you like to think for yourself, Oxford could be the right university for you.
Reach Oxford Scholarship
Students should note they must apply for admission to the University before they can be considered for a Reach Oxford Scholarship. The University is unable to consider any scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place at Oxford. The University is not responsible for the content of external sites advertising the scheme and would encourage applicants to read the following details to check their eligibility.
A number of Reach Oxford scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) are offered to students from low-income countries who, for political or financial reasons, or because suitable educational facilities do not exist, cannot study for a degree in their own countries.
Not all colleges are able to offer Reach Oxford Scholarships every year. If you are accepted by a college that is not participating in the scheme, this will not prevent you from applying for and being awarded a scholarship. If your application is successful, arrangements will be made to transfer you between colleges.
This scheme is only suitable for candidates who have received an offer and who are of the highest academic ability. Financial need and social commitment are also major criteria for selection. Applicants should be intending to return to their country of ordinary residence following their studies. Priority will be given to students who have not studied at undergraduate level before.
How do I apply?
- Applications are due to open in mid-January 2016 for those with an offer to study at Oxford from October 2016. The application form and guidance will be available from this webpage.
- Applications must be submitted by 12 noon (UK time) on Friday 19 February 2016.
- The selection process will be undertaken in Spring 2016.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in May 2016.
You must have made an application to the University through UCAS by 15 October 2015 and been successful in gaining a place.
You need to complete a separate scholarship application form and arrange for two references to be submitted on your behalf (these documents together with guidance notes will be available to download from the right-hand side of this page). Please note that we cannot consider applications from candidates who have not been offered a place at Oxford.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: