The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2017 edition of the scheme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- Eötvös Loránd University Budapest (Hungary)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- Jagiellonian University of Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
Applicants should be:
- under the age of 45
- nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
- current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa
- of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
A limited number of grants are available for technical/administrative staff from African universities (please see the requirements of each individual university).
In most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in most universities it is possible to use English as the working language.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1 - Applicants should provide the name and contact details of an academic supervisor in the receiving Coimbra Group University who will supervise their work during their stay abroad. If you do not have any contacts, we suggest you visit the website of your chosen institution or get in touch with the contact person whose email address is indicated in the brochure. The Coimbra Group Office is not in the position to provide assistance in this.
2 - All applicants are requested to provide a letter/e-mail of acceptance (to be submitted together with your application) written by the head of the academic supervisor or administrative unit of the host university where you would like to carry out the proposed working plan. The letter should state that the supervisor is willing to work with you in case you obtain a Coimbra Group Scholarship.
3 - Applicants can select one institution only. Multiple applications from the same candidate will be rejected.
4 - Please fill in your application form only when you have all the data available (i.e. name of and letter of acceptance by supervisor at Coimbra Group University, etc.). Incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made.
5 - The dates of your stay should be agreed upon between the applicant and the academic supervisor at the Coimbra Group University. Typically this will be during the academic year 2017/2018.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: