OFID Scholarship 2019/20
The OFID Scholarship Award supports outstanding young individuals from developing countries so that they are able to pursue graduate studies in a development-related field. The program, which is currently in its thirteenth year of operation, has to date helped over 50 young people complete their education. Last year, OFID received close to 9,000 applications. The Scholarship portal is now open to receive applications. Please refer to the link below for application guidelines. Candidates are strongly encouraged to read the scholarship FAQs before applying. The deadline for submission is April 14, 2019.
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2019, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master's Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country—please refer to the list of eligible countries. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
PLEASE NOTE: Kindly read ALL of the directions below before proceeding with the application process:
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. Incomplete applications will notmus be considered. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed.
OFID will not consider applications received through a third party.
Please do not call or email OFID to ask if your application has been received, or to inquire about your status.
Please note that only the winners will be notified.
All materials submitted become the property of OFID and will not be returned to the applicant.
Applicants must complete the on-line application.
Within the on-line application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below in Section III. All materials including the on-line application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than April 14th , 2019.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.