For young scientists from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in certain fields of natural sciences at the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) in Kolkata, India. Fields include: biological chemistry, condensed matter physics, inorganic chemistry, materials science, non-conventional energy, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, polymer science, spectroscopy and theoretical physics.
- TWAS-IACS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in the following fields: Theoretical physics; Condensed matter physics; Spectroscopy; Materials science; Non-conventional energy; Physical chemistry; Organic chemistry; Inorganic chemistry; Biological chemistry; Polymer science.
- IACS will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Submitting your application
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 August of each year.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS and IACS. The subject line must contain: IACS/PDoc/candidate’s surname. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- Applicants to the TWAS-IACS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send a copy of their application both to TWAS (by email) and IACS (both hardcopy by post and soft copy by email).
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.