TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research centers and institutions of higher education and research in Mexico recognized by CONACYT, for a minimum period of six to a maximum period of twelve months and are awarded to scientists from developing countries (other than Mexico) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences and related fields.
- All major public and private institutions of higher education and research centers in Mexico are recognized by CONACYT. More information can be provided by the CONACYT’s contact person indicated below.
- CONACYT will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- CONACYT will also provide a fixed amount for mandatory health insurance coverage.
- Important: Successful applicants must obtain a temporal resident student visa before arriving to Mexico, in order to receive the fellowship. CONACYT will not provide the fellowship to grantees travelling to Mexico on a tourist visa.
Submitting your application
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from an eligible Mexican host institution to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachment via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain: CONACYT/PDoc/the candidate’s surname.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application only to TWAS.
- Applicants should be aware that they may apply for only one TWAS fellowship per year.
- Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of theVisiting Scientists programme, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and OWSD are mutually exclusive.
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
Fax: +39 040 2240 689
National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT)
Dr. Luis Humberto Fabila Castillo
CONACYT Fellowships Office
Insurgentes Sur 1582-1er. piso
Col. Crédito Constructor, Benito Juárez
Mexico, D.F., 03940 MEXICO
Tel. & Fax: +52 555 3228 149
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org