Ghent University Master Scholarships for International Students from Developing Countries
Ghent University provides Master Grants to candidates from developing countries who wish to obtain a master’s degree at Ghent University. In 2016 the call will only be open for students already in their first Master year at Ghent University. The scholarship consists of an insurance, an allowance of 1000 euro per month, an installation fee of 500€ and a refund of the yearly tuition fee with a maximum of 105€.
Deadline and decision
Call will be open from 1st of February till April 15 2016.
Decisions will be announced half May 2016.
About the Master Grants
Each year, a maximum of 10 scholarships can be awarded.
The scholarship fee consists of:
- Allowance of €1000 per month.
- One-time only installation fee of €500
- Insurance (health, civil liability, repatriation)
- Yearly reimbursement of the tuition fee with a maximum of €105
Warning: in case of increased tuition fee for the master's programme, Ghent University will only reimburse the refundable part. Fees vary according to the programme and can be up to €8000 e.g. certain Erasmus Mundus programmes.
Airline ticket and visa costs are not included in the grant.
The recommendations are based on:
- The qualifications of the applicant for the master grant (this also implies that the chances of overly qualified candidates might increase)
- There is no strict age limit, altough applicants below 40 years are preferred
- The significance of the master's programme for the student's country
- Validation of the knowledge in the student's country
- The motivation of the applicant.
- The results of the first semester at Ghent University
How to apply?
From the 1st of February 2016, you will find here a link to the online application form.
You will need to upload your admission letter of Ghent University and the results of your first semester at Ghent University.