Data Science Summer School Launches at the American University of Armenia
The Zaven and Sonia Akian College of Science and Engineering (CSE) of the American University of Armenia (AUA) launches the Data Science Summer School 2019 expected to take place through July 1-July 14, 2019 at AUA.
The goal of the Summer School is to help the participants acquire technical skills, hands-on experience, and multi-layer knowledge in the field of data science, which is one of the most rapidly developing fields of technology.
The Summer School is meant for current students who want to develop their data science skills as well as for young professionals who intend to advance their career in this field. The courses will allow the participants to earn 3 US credits (equals 6 ECTS) for contact hours and out-of-class work. Successful completion of the school curriculum will be registered in the form of a Certificate of Completion signed by the Dean of the College and the Data Science Program Chair.
The project topics, incorporated into 13 general and elective courses, cover data science with Python, machine learning, statistical inference, natural language processing, time series forecasting, and Bayesian Statistics, among others.
After completing the courses, the participants will be given the opportunity to collaborate in the framework of a project, apply previously acquired skills, and get tangible results.
Whether you are:
- A student who realized that all the great, inspiring and influential roles within your current area of study will have to do something with Big Data, OR
- A professional in finance, healthcare, IT, Telco, Agriculture, Government, Tourism, Fashion (You name the area) who feels that Data is overtaking most of the decision making in your industry
- A professional with great math skills who want to make dramatic change in career and get with your head and toes into the most promising and highly paid career.
AUA Data Science International Summer School is exactly for you to get real grasp of
- What’s are the fundamental principles and methods in Data Science;
- What are the possible directions you may want to study and the industries you want to prepare for;,
- What’s the skillset and knowledge you want to develop to progress faster in your chosen direction;
- How businesses, science and governments are changing with opportunities revealed by data;
- Who are data scientists, how do they bring value to their industry or ecosystem.
Learning experience we designed in pursue to goals and aspirations for Data Scientist Careers
- Series of inspiring and thought provoking lectures
- Introduction to tools and methods used in Data Science
- Fundamental understanding of Machine Learning basic principles
- Informative lectures on main directions in Data Science to choose the one you love most
- Lots of experimenting with real data to find patterns no one else can find
Application deadline is May 10. The shortlisted applicants will be contacted by May 21.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: