US/Canada applications for grants open September 15, 2015
The MMMF awards education grants on a competitive basis to exceptional women from developing countries who have financial need and are committed to working to empower women and children.Applications are made online at the MMMF website (www.mmmf-grants.org) during periods indicated for each program cycle (US/Canada, South Africa and Latin America).
Women applying for the MMMF grant must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Demonstrate a commitment to working to empower women and children in developing countries. (see detailed instructions on applications)
2. Demonstrate financial need
3. Intend to return to a developing country within two years of completing degree or intend to remain in developing country at least two years to work towards empowerment of women and children
4. Are 25 years old at time of application deadline (See detailed instructions on application)
You also need:
- a verified email addresses for the nominated referees; this will be used to send a reminder, if necessary, for their recommendation. You should of course personally discuss this request with your referees and direct them to the recommendation form on the website before submitting their name on this application. Click here to download recommendation form.
- a summary of your thesis (if applicable), including its objective, methodology, findings and relationship to career goals. (up to 480 words)
- brief paragraphs of your personal story, commitment to women and children, course of study and future career plans motivating your commitment to women and/or children (up to 1050 words)
- an understanding of your financial situation for the coming academic year and strategies to cover your funding needs.
The grant Application runs from: Tue, September 15 to Sat, January 16