US/Canada applications for grants open September 15, 2015
The MMMF awards education grants on a competitive basis to exceptional women from developing countries who have financial need and are committed to working to empower women and children.Applications are made online at the MMMF website (www.mmmf-grants.org) during periods indicated for each program cycle (US/Canada, South Africa and Latin America).
Women applying for the MMMF grant must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Demonstrate a commitment to working to empower women and children in developing countries. (see detailed instructions on applications)
2. Demonstrate financial need
3. Intend to return to a developing country within two years of completing degree or intend to remain in developing country at least two years to work towards empowerment of women and children
4. Are 25 years old at time of application deadline (See detailed instructions on application)
5. Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance
6. Be a national of a country listed on the MMMF Country Eligibility List (see list on mmmf-grants.org website)
7. Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution at time of application and plan to be enrolled for a full academic year upon receipt of grant
8. Not be a relative of a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff or his/her spouse
9. Have not received a MMMF grant previously
10. Must be enrolled as a full time student with relevant student visa (see detailed instructions on application)
11. May not hold: US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant status
IMPORTANT: Before Starting the Application, Please Read the Guidelines Carefully.
Eligible students are those from developing countries studying at an accredited university in the United States or Canada.
To submit your application, you must have a valid email address and register to access the application form. If you already have a registered user account, please click here to start your application or access your saved application form.
Before you start the application process make sure you have the following documents in digital (the scans must be in the following formats: pdf - preferred, jpeg or png) form:
- Passport ID page with a clear photo;
- 2. Visa page in current passport;
- Second passport page with clear photo (in case of dual citizenship);
- Most recent proof of registration from your university; and
- Most recent university transcripts and/or reports.
You also need:
- a verified email addresses for the nominated referees; this will be used to send a reminder, if necessary, for their recommendation. You should of course personally discuss this request with your referees and direct them to the recommendation form on the website before submitting their name on this application. Click here to download recommendation form.
- a summary of your thesis (if applicable), including its objective, methodology, findings and relationship to career goals. (up to 480 words)
- brief paragraphs of your personal story, commitment to women and children, course of study and future career plans motivating your commitment to women and/or children (up to 1050 words)
- an understanding of your financial situation for the coming academic year and strategies to cover your funding needs.
The grant Application runs from: Tue, September 15 to Sat, January 16
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: