University of Westminster Media, Arts and Design Excellence Scholarships
With one of the most varied portfolios in Europe, the Faculty of Media, Arts and Design prepares students not just to enter the creative industries, but to shape and lead them. Our scholarship is intended to fund an international student through a professional and practice- based education, allowing them to develop personally as a reflective critical practitioner.
Full tuition fee award, accommodation, living expenses and flights to and from London.
You must be an international student from a developing country (see Appendix B) and hold an offer for a full-time Masters degree in the Faculty of Media, Arts and Design.
Equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours or above, financial need and development potential. If you have significant and relevant industry experience you will also be given consideration.
UK/EU undergraduate applicants
The University has an online scholarship application process for UK/EU undergraduate students wishing to apply for a scholarship for courses starting in September 2016. The UK/EU undergraduate Applicant Portal will open early 2016. Once available, the application link will be published on this webpage.
International undergraduate and postgraduate applicants
Applying by post
International undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship applicants must send their application to us by post. Due to the volume of applications we receive we cannot accept any applications via email.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is received before the deadline date. Due to our very tight timescales we cannot accept applications which are received late or with a postmark of the deadline date.
University of Westminster
101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH
The Scholarships Office will email you to acknowledge receipt of your application. If you require proof of delivery, please use a delivery or courier service which allows you to track your package and verify receipt.
All scholarship applications are screened to ensure the basic eligibility criteria for the scholarships selected have been met. If we find that you do not meet the requirements you will be informed via email. Please note applications that do meet the criteria for our scholarships will be assessed and shortlisted once the application deadline for the relevant scholarship intake has passed.
Please take account the following when making your application (further application advice can be found on our frequently asked questions page):
- Your application must be typed, not handwritten.
- Please complete all sections of the application form. Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- Make sure you provide all required supporting documentation the (the list of required documentation is outlined on before you apply page and on the application form itself). Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- Do not submit more than the requested documentation.
- International undergraduate and postgraduate students can only apply for two different types of scholarship – please do not tick more than two boxes on the application form.
- Spend time on your application. You are in competition with some of the strongest students in the world so spend as much time as necessary creating a polished, professional and persuasive application.
- Do not exceed the word limit given for any section of the application. We ask you to answer questions concisely for a reason.
- Check your application for spelling and grammar errors.
- Make a complete copy of the application before you send it.