The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), in Nairobi, Kenya, and TWAS offer one fellowship each year to young scientists from developing countries (other than Kenya) who wish to undertake their postdoctoral studies in Kenya.
- TWAS-icipe Postdoctoral Fellowships in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months at the departments of the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) in Kenya.
- For a complete overview of eligible research interests please visit the icipe website: www.icipe.org. Go to RESEARCH and then drill down through the various research areas to see the individual projects. If you are interested in learning more about a research project for a potential ICIPE-TWAS Fellowship please contact the Lilian Igweta, icipe Training Officer (see contact details below) who will put you in touch with the relevant scientist.
- icipe will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Submitting your application
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September of each year.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from the chosen department to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS only. The subject line must contain: icipe/PDoc/candidate’s surname.
- Applicants to the TWAS-icipe Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS only.
- Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the Visiting Scientists programme, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and OWSD are mutually exclusive.