Call for Applications for Academic Year 2018-2019
The James P. Grant School of Public Health (JPGSPH) at BRAC University in Dhaka, Bangladesh is accepting applications for TDR International Post Graduate Training Scheme Master of Public Health (MPH) Programme 2018-19 beginning in January 2018. Taught in English, the MPH Programme is a 12-month full-time programme which promotes problem-based experiential learning.
The scholarships are supported by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland, provides full scholarship.
The training will focus on courses relevant to a career in implementation research. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in lowand middle- income countries (LMICs) where many health interventions do not address those bottlenecks that impede on scale up and coverage. The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and boost the number and quality of researchers in LMICs.
Scholarship Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students, and will undertake a Summative Learning Project (SLP) on infectious diseases of poverty which include neglected tropical diseases. The students will be required to register in the TDR Global Platform expected to provide networking opportunities for all TDR alumni and stakeholders.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Nationals who are residing in low- and middle income countries (data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions.
- Applicant should normally be under 35 years of age
- Applicant must meet the following BRAC University requirements
- Applicant must submit a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation from supervisor
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in social sciences including public health, medicine, nursing, midwifery, health sciences or equivalent disciplines
- Excellent academic track records with GPA 3.0 or above
- Proficiency in Mathematics and oral and written English
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office and data analysis skill
The TDR scholarship covers:
- One return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Banglades;
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance;
- Support for Summative Learning Project (SLP);
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: