The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) provides support to developing country nationals who are PhD candidates in developing countries. RSMFP offers 6–10 months of funding up to $25,000 to conduct PhD research in a World Bank member country other than the Fellow's home country or country of residence. RSMFP was established in 1982 with $2.8 million in funding from the World Bank and the governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, and former Yugoslavia.
What can an applicant do before the next call?
- Read information posted on this website and review eligibility criteria carefully.
- Identify a university advisor abroad who will sponsor your fellowship funded PhD research. Please note, RSMFP does not provide guidance on choosing a host institution or research advisor.
- Ensure both your PhD advisor and your host university advisor are aware of and support your proposal for research that would be funded by an RSM fellowship.
- Begin gathering required documentation for the fellowship application, including: (1) if you are employed, proof of current employment; (2) diploma of highest degree earned; and (3) an official statement from your current university that you are either: (i) currently enrolled as a PhD student and have completed all coursework and exam requirements for your doctoral program; or (ii) currently enrolled in a research-only PhD program
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be 35 years of age or younger on the Application Deadline date;
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD program;
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD at the time of application;
- Have a PhD thesis centered on a field of development.
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultant) or a relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group
*Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.