Call for applications TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research Academic Year 2019/2020
The Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a TDR Postgraduate Scholarship available in the International Master Programme in Public Health, with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The scheme is supported by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, co-sponsored by UNICEF, UNDP, the World Bank, and WHO (hosted at WHO in Geneva, Switzerland), and provides a full scholarship . Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO South-East Asia and Western Pacific regions are eligible.
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria and tuberculosis. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance postgraduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low- and middle- income countries.
A limited number of scholarships will be offered for the 2019/2020 academic year for the International Master Programme in Public Health, leading to a MPH degree (2 years duration). The programme is taught in English and scheduled to start in September 2019.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Be nationals of and residents in low- and middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank ) of WHO South-East Asia and Western Pacific regions.
- Normally be under 35 years old for the Master programme.
- Meet the standard minimum University requirements for international postgraduate students:
– GPA 3.00 out of 4
– AcEPT score of 268 or TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS score of 5.5
– Desk evaluation on undergraduate academic documents
THE SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance.
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel and sustenance during data collection in home country.
- Indonesian language course to improve integration in the university’s environment.
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living cost.
APPLYING FOR THE TDR POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME AT UGM
CALENDAR FOR APPLICATIONS
|Call for applications for Master Programme is posted online||1 February 2019|
|Deadline for application for the Master Programme||24 March 2019|
|Announcement of selection result||10 April 2019|
Applicants will have 7 calendar days to confirm acceptance of the TDR scholarship after notification of offer. After this date, it will be assumed that the student refuses the scholarship. Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing UGM reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if the provided information has been proven false.