UNESCO launches its 9th IFCD call and a new initiative with Sabrina Ho to support women in digital creative industries
The International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) is a multi-donor fund, established by the UNESCO Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions (2005) to support its implementation in developing countries.
The IFCD invests in projects that lead to structural change through:
- the introduction and/or elaboration of policies and strategies that have a direct effect on the creation, production, distribution of and access to a diversity of cultural expressions, including cultural goods, services and activities,
- the reinforcement of corresponding institutional infrastructures, including professional capacities and organizational structures, deemed necessary to support viable local and regional cultural industries and markets in developing countries.
Public authorities/institutions and NGOs from developing countries that are Parties to the 2005 Convention, as well as international NGOs are all eligible to apply.
Since 2010, the IFCD has been providing nearly 7 million USD in funding for close to 100 projects in more than 50 developing countries, covering a wide range of areas.
U40 Empowered: Women entrepreneurs powering the digital creative industries
U40 Empowered is a special call to expand the IFCD’s actions to support young women entrepreneurs in the digital creative industries. This initiative is made possible thanks to the generous contribution of Sabrina Ho, a rising young cultural entrepreneur and philanthropist.
“U40 Empowered” represents a unique opportunity to increase young women’s opportunities to access funding, infrastructure, equipment and co-production opportunities in the digital creative industries. “U40 Empowered” will also support strategies that address the different needs, aspirations, capacities and contributions of women. Through support for such projects, “U40 Empowered” will unlock opportunities for young women entrepreneurs and realise their full potential in the digital creative industries.
“U40 Empowered” supports projects from national and international NGOs from developing countries that are Parties to the 2005 Convention.
Project proposals submitted in the framework of this unique opportunity will be reviewed by an independent Panel of Experts and approved directly by Ms Sabrina Ho.
Prepare your application:
- Download and review the Call: IFCD Call | U40 Empowered Call
- Download and review the Annotated Guide.
- Download, save on your computer and complete the Project Framework (including project objectives, outputs/deliverables, activities, budget and list of team members). The Project Framework should be opened and completed in Microsoft Excel or similar applications.
- Gather digital copies for all Complementary Documents that are required for your application.
Complete the online Application form:
All project proposals must be submitted through the online Application Form.
- Create your account.
- Log in and complete all the fields in the online Application Form. During this process, you can save your application and come back later, using your login and password.
- Upload the Project Framework and Complementary Documents in the dedicated fields.
- Before finalizing your application, ensure that all fields have been completed and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Date, sign and click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button to finalize your application.
Please note that the application and its complementary documents must be submitted in English or French.
All the online Applications must be submitted before the deadline indicated on the Call.
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered for evaluation.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.