SkinCare for Developing Countries
The Academy offers grants to individuals and organizations to fund international volunteer and humanitarian projects under the SkinCare for Developing Countries program.
Grants vary between $2,500 and $5,000 depending on the proposal, scope of the project, and availability of funds.
- Support the Academy’s strategic framework.
- Related to dermatology and global health care, and help underserved regions of the world.
- Sustainable, community-based, and rely on additional sources of funding. All funding sources must be detailed in your application.
- Demonstrate how the project would be monitored and evaluated.
- Submitted online (no emails).
- Non-AAD member: application must include a letter of support from an AAD member.
- Residents: application must include a letter of support from your institution’s faculty director to ensure sustainability after residency.
Before applying for funding ...
- Identify principal investigator/project director(s).
- Collect detailed project information, including sources of additional funding, demonstration of project sustainability, and clear outcomes.
- Create a budget that includes a description of the work and anticipated costs. Note: Indirect and previously incurred costs are not covered.
- Obtain letter of recommendation from an AAD member or local university dermatology staff.
- If you are not an AAD member, your application must include a letter of support from an AAD member.
- If you are a resident, your application must include a letter of support from your institution’s faculty director to ensure sustainability after residency.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: