Rave Scholarships support further practical training for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from countries in transition and developing countries.
- Applicant must be from a country in transition or a developing country and must still be living there
- Hitherto no opportunity yet to work in Germany for an extended period of time
- Completion of professional study or training within the last five years
- Younger than 40 years old
- Applicant must no longer be studying or involved in on-the-job training
- Confirmation (in German) from a partner institution in Germany which has agreed to take on the scholar or initiate a joint project
- A reference from the applicant’s country of origin
- Knowledge of either German or English, basic knowledge of German expected
- Applicants who were rejected once cannot re-apply
15 September each year
The Rave Foundation committee will assess all applications. There is no recourse to legal action regarding the awarding of a scholarship. Applicants will be informed in writing about whether their application was successful or not. No reasons will be given for the committee’s decision.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: