International Council of Ophthalmology Three-Month Fellowships
The ICO Three-Month Fellowships help promising young ophthalmologists from developing countries improve their practical skills and broaden their perspectives of ophthalmology. Fellows are expected to bring the acquired knowledge and skills back to their home country and take part in programs to preserve and restore vision.
- Award: US$6000 (maximum) to cover travel and living expenses for three months. The exact amount is subject to actual student-style living expenses in the host country.
- Approximately 60 three-month fellowships are awarded each year.
- For applications submitted by the March 31 deadline, the fellowship is awarded and notices are sent out in July. The earliest start date is October 1 of the same year.
- For applications submitted by the September 30 deadline, the fellowship is awarded and notices sent out in January. The earliest start date is April 1 of the same year.
- Residency training must be completed before applying for the fellowship.
- Specialist exam in ophthalmology must be successfully passed.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- Applicant must return to home country after the training, resume previous positions, and apply the knowledge gained during the fellowship.
- Applicant must be reasonably fluent in the language of the fellowship training center.
- The ICO recommends that candidates pass one or more ICO exams. We consider this in the assessment of applications (www.icoexams.org).
- Applicants from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are Members of the ICO will receive special consideration.
How to Apply
- The application deadline is March 31 and September 30 each year.
- Applicants cannot reapply if their previous application was rejected.
- View the online application.
- Questions? Please review Frequently Asked Questions before contacting the ICO Fellowship Committee at: email@example.com.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: