Vulcanus Training Program
What is it?
Vulcanus in Japan started in 1997. The programme consists of industrial placements for EU* / COSME** students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
- a one-week seminar on Japan,
- a four-month intensive Japanese language course,
- and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
- To learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad.
- To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
Who pays what
This programme is financed by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company. The EU* / COSME** students are awarded a grant (Yen 1.900.000) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.
Are you eligible?
You must be:
- citizen of an EU Member-State * or a COSME ** partening country.
a student of engineering or science *** at an EU / COSME university, enrolled –at the moment of application– in between the 4th official year of university studies (3 undergraduate + 1) and the penultimate year of PhD.
- able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme
Applicants are short-listed on the basis of their academic record and the opinion of their tutors, their knowledge of written and spoken English, their motivation, their attitude to EU-Japan relations and their ability to adapt to a different culture.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: