The University of Padova, the Veneto Region and other organisations offer various scholarship schemes to support students. Below is a list of the funding opportunities that are most often used by international students in Padova.
Padua International Excellence Scholarship Programme - a.y. 2020/21
The University of Padua offers up to 43 scholarships to highly talented prospective students wishing to pursue a Bachelor's or Master's degree completely held in English in Padua. The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only candidates showing the highest achievements and school / academic records may receive a scholarship. The successful scholars will be expected to fulfil an ambassadorial role and represent the University at a number of events.
Amount of scholarship: fee-waiver + €8.000,00 scholarship (gross amount) per a.y. The only amount to be paid by beneficiary students for each year consists of an admission fee, corresponding to the regional tax and marca da bollo.
Duration: the Padua International Excellence Scholarship has a maximum duration of:
- 2 continuous years for Master’s degree candidates;
- 3 continuous years for Bachelor’s and Single Cycle degree candidates.
After the duration above indicated, beneficiary students will be required to cover their own expenses as well as tuition fees until graduation.
Who can apply: highly talented prospective international students from all over the world wishing to enrol in one of University of Padua Bachelor's or Master's degrees completely held in English.
How to apply: you can be considered for the selection procedure, under penalty of exclusion, if you meet the requirements below.
- hold a non-Italian foreign secondary school diploma (for Bachelor's or Single cycle degrees applicants) or a non-Italian Bachelor's degree (for Master's degrees applicants) allowing admission to the Italian University system;
- apply to a degree programme completely taught in English at the University of Padua. Please remember that you can apply up to 3 degree programmes.
Scholarships offered by Departments - a.y. 2020/21
The following Departments offer additional scholarships to international students:
Department of Agronomy, Food, Natural resources, Animals and Environment (DAFNAE)
- 4 scholarships for the Master’s degree in Italian Food and Wine
- 4 scholarships for the Master’s degree in Sustainable Agriculture.
The amount of each scholarship is €5.760,37 per academic year. The Scholarship is granted for two (2) academic years.
Department of Political Science, Law, and International Studies (SPGI)
- 2 scholarships for the Master's degree in Human Rights and Multi-level Governance
- 2 scholarships for the Master's degree in European and Global Studies
The amount of each scholarship is €5.760,37. The Scholarship is granted for one (1) academic year.
Department of Information Engineering (DEI)
3 scholarships distributed among applicants to the Master's degrees in ICT for Internet and Multimedia, Computer Engineering and Control Systems Engineering. The amount of each scholarship is €5.200,00.
Department of Comparative Biomedicine and Food Science (BCA)
- 1 scholarship for the Bachelor's degree in Animal Care
- 1 scholarship for the Master's degree in Biotechnologies for food science
The amount of each scholarship is €2.400,00. The Scholarship is granted for one (1) academic year
Department of Physics and Astronomy (DFA)
- 2 scholarships for prospective international students wishing to enrol in the Master’s degree in Astrophysics and Cosmology
- 2 scholarships for prospective international students wishing to enrol in the Master’s degree in Physics of Data.
The amount of each scholarship is € 10.00,00 (gross amount) per academic year. The scholarship is granted for two (2) academic years for a total amount of € 20.00,00 (gross amount).
Department of Mathematics “Tullio Levi-Civita” (DM)
- 2 scholarships for applicants to the Master’s degree in Cybersecurity
- 2 scholarships for applicants to the Master’s degree in Data Science
The amount of each scholarship is € 5.500,00 (gross amount) per academic year. The scholarship is granted for two (2) academic years for a total amount of € 11.00,00 (gross amount).
How to appy: you can be considered for the selection procedure, under penalty of exclusion, if you:
1. do not possess an Italian citizenship (except for dual citizenship including Italian);
2. hold a non-Italian secondary school diploma (for Bachelor's degree applicants) or a non-Italian Bachelor's degree (for Master's degree applicants);
3. apply to one or more degree programmes completely taught in English mentioned above. Please remember that you can apply up to 3 degree programmes.
Other National and International Scholarships
Invest Your Talent in Italy supports talented international students wishing to enrol in English-taught second-cycle degree courses in the fields of Engineering and Information Technologies, Management and Economics at top-ranked Italian universities, including the University of Padova. The programme offers full scholarship packages including subsistence allowance, fee-waiver and dedicated student support services. A short internship at leading Italian companies is also foreseen as part of the programme. It is supported by the Italian Government and the Italian Trade Agency.
In addition to the scholarships provided by the IYT project, the University of Padua will award 2 additional scholarships to students selected by the Invest Your Talent Technical Committee who have chosen the University of Padua as their destination.
Who can apply:
the programme is open to talented students who completed at least a Bachelor degree and come from one of the following countries: Azerbaijan, Brazil, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Popular Republic of China, Turkey, Tunisia and Vietnam.
Available degree courses: student applying for “Invest your Talent in Italy” can choose among the following Master's degree courses completely taught in English offered by the University of Padova:
Engineering and High Technologies
- Astrophysics and Cosmology
- Biotechnologies for Food Science
- Computer Engineering
- Control Systems Engineering
- Data Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Geophysics for Natural Risks and Resources
- ICT for Internet and Multimedia
- Mathematical Engineering
- Medical Biotechnologies
- Molecular Biology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnologies
- Physics of Data
- Sustainable Agriculture
Economics and Management
- Business Administration
- Economics and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Forest Science - Curriculum “Forest and Nature for the Future”
- Human rights and multi-level governance
- Italian Food and Wine
- Local Development
How to apply: apply online following the instructions provided on the official programme website. Please note: in addition to the IYT application, you need to apply to the chosen degree course on Unipd website following standard Unipd application procedures. For detailed information: how to apply
When to apply: applications are open between November and January. Precise deadlines are published on the official programme website.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.