TWAS-CIIT Visiting Scholar Fellowship Programme
CIIT and TWAS offer fellowships to scholars from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to carry out advanced research in natural or social sciences.
- TWAS-CIIT Visiting Scholar Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) for a minimum period of one month to a maximum period of three months.
- NEW- CIIT-TWAS Visiting Scholar Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences - Development Studies, International Economics, Development Economics, Education and Science Education, Gender Studies, International Relations, Political Science.
- CIIT will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
The language of instruction is English.
Submitting your application
You can find your applucation documents in the "Further official information" link below this article.
The call for applications is open from March/April until 15 September of each year.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from CIIT when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS and CIIT. The subject line must contain CIIT/VS and the candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent in sealed envelopes by post. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CIIT Visiting Scholar Fellowship Programme should send a copy of their application (by e-mail, fax or post) to TWAS and CIIT.
For more information click "Further official information" below.