Aim of the programme
KU Leuven offers travel grants to researchers from the South. The grants are meant to help the researchers pay for a research visit to Belgium.
- With this programme, KU Leuven wishes to stimulate South-North exchanges.
- The programme intends to offer new opportunities to researchers.
- It is meant to stimulate capacity-building in the South.
The programme is funded from the KU Leuven development cooperation budget, which is managed by the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation (IRO). IRO will also select the candidates.
- a monthly allowance of € 1,500
- a plane ticket (with a maximum of € 1,200)
- insurance coverage during the stay in Leuven.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- the formal application requirements
- the applicant’s quality
- the development relevance of the proposal
- a well-balanced distribution of the available grants across all nationalities and KU Leuven faculties involved.
1 March 2016
- should send their application to Liesbeth Van Meulder before the deadline and use this form to do so
- additionally will have to send the following documents:
- a copy of their doctoral degree certificate
- an invitation letter from their KU Leuven supervisor
- their CV
- a copy of their passport.
For additional information, please contact Liesbeth Van Meulder.