Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years' professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master's degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master's/PhD) in Germany.
Who can apply?
Graduates with at least two years' professional experience
Duration of funding
12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years' professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
What requirements have to be fulfilled?
- The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor's degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously
- At least two years' relevant professional experience
Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.