African Youth Amani Fellowship - “Change Your Mind to Change the World”
Have you ever wondered how you can find your inner peace? Do you feel uncomfortable with the threats to peace and security in Africa? Can there be meaningful development without peace? Africa is one of the fastest growing continents with a lot of young leaders passionate about change and development in their communities. Activists, professionals from different fields and community leaders are emerging everywhere across Africa.
In a bid to develop leaders of character who are passionate about self development and the improvement of their society, Peace Revolution once again welcomes African youth interested in championing the course of peace, to a two week transformative inner journey. Through the Peace in Peace out ( PIPO) concept, participants will learn how to find their own inner peace, and become equipped with the skills to return and respond to the needs of the continent.
Your training starts with a 42 Day online self-development program via our interactive platform, providing you the basic theory and practice to develop the tools for inner peace and learn about the Concept of PIPO - INNER PEACE + OUTER PEACE = SUSTAINABLE WORLD PEACE. The fellowship offers a 2 weeks intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight on the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace. The program aims to enhance their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment which in turn enhances meaningful development within the African continent. In addition to our intense meditation practice, participants will gain knowledge on various theoretical approaches that include:
- Conflict resolution and the role of basic human self-discipline
- The role of our habits in our daily life
- The factors that determine our perception to think, act and speak; relation between body and mind
- Leadership: Eight pillars for a stable peaceful society
The fellowship in Thailand includes:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Free meditation retreat fee
- Candidates must be African nationals residing in Africa.
- Candidates should be 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed 42 days of the online self-development program by April 30th . Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.
- Candidates should be aspiring or young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Candidates should send a recommendation letter from their organizations or institutions.
- The deadline for submission of application form is 31st March, 2015.
After completing the 42 days self-development program, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, available fund as well as group combination in each fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you by ourselves.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: