‘Energy Use, Food Consumption and Sustainability
The Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM) at the University of Oslo is inviting applications to a 3 year PhD research fellowship. SUM is an international research institution at the University of Oslo with a well-established track record of undertaking critical, independent and high quality interdisciplinary and policy-related research on the challenges and dilemmas posed by sustainable development.
SUM’s current research is anchored in four thematic research areas: Poverty and Development in the 21st Century; Energy and Consumption; Culture, Ethics and Sustainability; Global Governance for Sustainable Development and Global Health.
SUM is primarily a research institution, but also offers PhD courses and an International Master in Development, Environment and Cultural Change. The Centre has the status of Research School specialising in educating scholars interested in interdisciplinary perspectives on development and the environment.
- A 2-year Master’s degree in humanities or social sciences (including development studies)
- Academic and personal ability to complete the project within the time frame (3 years)
- Collaboration and communication skills (including written and spoken English)
- Interest in interdisciplinary academic work
The selected candidates will have their place of work at SUM, but will – as a condition of being granted the fellowship – have to be admitted to a doctoral programme at one of the faculties of the University of Oslo, and follow the researcher education course at that faculty. The academic work will result in a doctoral thesis that will be defended at one of these faculties with a view to obtaining a PhD degree.
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the quality of the project description and on the assumed academic and personal ability on the part of the candidates to complete the project within the given time frame. Short-listed applicants may be invited for an interview at the University of Oslo.
• Applicants must be fluent in English. Knowledge of Norwegian, Swedish or Danish is an advantage.
- a challanging and friendly working environment
- salary 432 700 NOK - 473 100 NOK per year
- favourable pension arrangement
- attractive welfare arrangements
- workout during hours, 1,5 h pr week
To APPLY click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.