Bridge for Peace between East and West
In the culture of conflicts and misunderstandings we are used to make victims out of ourselves and lose control over our own lives. Do you want to continue complaining or are you eager to get in charge of your life and empower yourself?
We dream big. We believe in world peace and we make it possible through the development of inner peace of individuals. Are you ready to inspire yourself and others through meditation and self development? Get on board and apply for Bridge Peace fellowship today!
The Peace Revolution Bridge Youth Fellowship will bring together 30 young people from Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia who are interested in learning and exploring self-reflection as primary means to create real world change. We believe that the establishment of peace in the region and in the world may be possible only if there is peace in each one of us (“Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace”).
This training aims to promote a culture of peace, tolerance and conflict prevention through the means of meditation and self-development. It will include interactive activities, meditation and yoga sessions, lectures and discussions providing the participants with the skills for non-violent resistance, peace education, enhanced creativity and stress-management. Participants will have a chance to explore meditation as a practice which can cultivate skills to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work, which makes this fellowship different from others.
Bridge Peace fellowship is being organized by World Peace Initiative Foundation every year since 2015. Check out Bridge Peace Fellowship 2015 and Bridge Peace Fellowship 2016 for more information.
Do you want the world to change and become a better place? Start from changing yourself and attending Bridge peace fellowship to learn more about meditation and network with like-minded peers.
- To bring young leaders and activists from the Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia together, provide a forum for networking and exchange of experience through dialogue and cooperation.
- To empower young people, offering them the space to create ideas for implementation of activities and events in their own communities.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace building that can be applied in all cultures.
- To develop and strengthen an active network of young peace builders that aims to boost creativity and to support personal and professional development.
- To explore the idea of self-development and inner change as a core foundation of sustainable world chang
The fellowship fee as well as accommodation and food will be covered for the selected participants by the World Peace Initiative Foundation.
Contribution to the coverage of airfare is possible in individual cases based on the available funds of WPI Foundation and personal statement of the participant (only in case the participant is 20-32 years old and can prove to really need the funding).
In order to be chosen as participants for the Bridge Fellowship, the candidates should:
- Be the nationals and residents of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan;
- Have completed at least 14 days of the online self-development program in English and provide their CV together with application (we are looking for peacebuilders, university workers and teachers, NGO workers and founders, young activists interested in mindfulness and meditation as inner peace tools);
- Have good proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Be optimistic and open-minded, with demonstrated leadership potential, interested in cultivation and promotion of peace and mindfulness;
Feedback from past fellowships
Eleonora, Armenia, Bridge 2015
Today I am a young woman politician in the local government, founder of a peacebuilding NGO, and feeling great about my role in the society. All this happened, because 2 years ago I was taught the culture of "Letting go". So simple and at the same time difficult to achieve. Try it for yourself!
Andrii, Ukraine, Bridge 2015
It was a great opportunity to start my inner peace journey with the team of professionals. It was a travel not to an another country, but to another world where you are happy, all problems are gone and you enjoy a friendship with others and yourself.
Sardor, Uzbekistan, Bridge 2016
What an amazing experience this was. I couldn't imagine that just in four days so much can happen - new friends, new experiences, and new life. I definitely recommend this to everyone out there. This is your chance not only to see and learn something new about the world, but to discover yourself.
Firuza, Tajikistan, Bridge 2016
One more time it reminded us that the best humanistic qualities are all hidden inside each and everyone regardless of nationality, religion, culture or traditions. People forget about them under the influence of different life circumstances. For me meditation is the best way to understand myself and others and remember the values. I feel so grateful for the Bridge Fellowship and those who have arranged all this for others. Incredible and amazing job!
For more information click "Further official information" below.