Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award) 2021
This annual award, which began in 2007, is organized and presented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan and Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS). Its purpose is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions, which is promoted by Japan for the benefit of those countries. Up to three young researchers who have shown
- outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries for a developing region, and who show great promise
- outstanding achievements in research and development that will lead to future technological innovation in agriculture, forestry, fisheries or related industries for a developing area, and who show great promise
will be invited to Japan to attend the commendation ceremony and accept their awards and cash gifts (US$5,000 will be given per awardee).
- Should be researchers who have the nationality of a developing country and/or territory, and belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university
- Should be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2021)
- Should be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in
developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment
- Must be able to attend the commendation ceremony in Japan, 2021*
＊ The method of holding the commendation ceremony will be decided after taking into consideration the coronavirus infection status.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: