WAAW Foundation is pleased to announce its 2020/2021 scholarships, offering $500 for need-based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.
Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non-qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility include:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
List of accepted and not accepted courses. Note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to the courses listed.
Accepted:Agriculture, Engineering courses, Architecture, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Construction Technology, Food Science Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Home Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Industrial Chemistry, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: