Master Mind Scholarship
The Government of Flanders awards 30 Master Mind Scholarships to outstanding students taking a Master's degree programme in Flanders. The 2020-2021 edition of the scholarship programme was launched in January 2020.
Eligibility criteria for the edition 2020-2021
- Please consult the list of Master's programmes that qualify for a 2020-2021 Master Mind Scholarship.
- The student has applied for an eligible Master’s programme before 1 February 2020.
- The student has a high standard of academic performance and potential. The student has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0. (the Flemish government increased the minimum GPA requirement for the 2020-2021 edition from 3.0 to 3.5 out of 4.0.)
- The student has a good knowledge and command of the language of instruction of the Master’s programme, regardless of the minimum scores required by the Master's programme:
- a minimum overall score of 7 on the IELTS test
- a minimum total score of 94 on the TOEFL test
- a similar result in another official language test recognized by the KU Leuven
- All nationalities are eligible. The previous degree(s) obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution are not eligible. The only exception is made for international students who are enrolled in a preparatory programme in order to start the Master's programme in September 2020.
- Students who enroll for a preparatory programme, for a bridging programme or for distance learning, are not eligible.
- Student mobility during the Master's programme is allowed. However, at least half of the credits of the Master's programme must be obtained at the Flemish higher education institution.
- Students should not combine the Master Mind scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish Government or an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- The duration of the mobility is 1 academic year for a Master’s programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a Master’s programme of 120 ECTS.
- The student receives a maximum scholarship of € 8,000 per academic year.
- Master Mind Scholarship holders pay a reduced tuition fee. The rate for the 2020-2021 academic year is € 111.9. This rate may increase slightly in the following years.
- There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from priority countries of the Flemish government: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2) and USA (5).
Selection procedure and timing
- The Master's programmes are invited to nominate students who have expressed their interest.
- The following elements will be taken into account when assessing the application files: academic performance, academic awards, motivation, relevant experience, demonstrated leadership abilities, sense of commitment, top applicant profile.
- The KU Leuven will nominate up to 20 students. They will be informed about the positive outcome of the preselection before 15 April.
- Non-selected candidates will be informed about their non-selection before 15 April.
- The 20 nominated students will have to complete the online Master Mind application of the Flemish Government. They will compete with the nominees of all Flemish universities.
- The final selection will be made by the Selection Committee of the Flemish Government.
- The final selection results will be announced in June 2020.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: