Churchill College Competition
This year five colleges invite applications for eight Early Career Research Fellowships which will normally be tenable for three years from 1 October 2020. Early Career Research Fellowships are initial (normally) post-doctoral positions appropriate to the start of an academic career.
Applications must be received online by 5.00pm on Monday, 11th November 2019. Referees' references must be received online no later than 5.00pm on Monday, 18th November 2019. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Please make sure that your application and your references reach us before the respective closing dates.
To apply, you are required to register. This enables you to save your application and revisit/edit it before submitting, or to check its status. It is recommended that you register as soon as possible.
- Early Career Research Fellowships are open to graduates, women and men, of any university who have recently or are about to complete their doctorates.
- Candidates would normally be expected to have completed no more than 5 years full time equivalent post-doctoral research. Research Fellowships will not normally be awarded to people who have held comparable post-doctoral positions.
- Successful candidates will normally have submitted their theses by the commencement of the Fellowship.
- The statements of research should be no more than 1,000 words outlining the work candidates would submit in support of their applications, if requested, and the research they propose to do if elected. Please note that it will be read by people outside, as well as within, the candidate's own discipline and should therefore be intelligible to scholars in other subjects.
- Candidates must provide details for two referees who have agreed to submit a reference through the website by 5.00pm on Monday, 18th November 2019. The referees should be familiar with the work to be submitted and one should normally be your PhD supervisor.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.