MSc Scholarships for Students from Africa
The Department of Mathematical Sciences, in partnership with Trevelyan College and with the support of the DDMSAF (Durham Department of Mathematical Sciences Alumni Fund), is offering a scholarship to a student from Africa who wishes to study for a Masters in Mathematical Sciences , a Masters in Particles, Strings and Cosmology or an MSc by Thesis. The scholarship covers full fees and accommodation for one year in Trevelyan College, and includes full catering during term time. Thanks in part to the generosity of alumni and private donors, we have secured funds for the academic year 2016-17. The selection process is now complete for the academic year 2016-17, and we hope to offer another scholarship next year.
- The scholarship is for a one-year taught course leading to the award of an MSc degree in Mathematical Sciences, an MSc degree in Particles, Strings and Cosmology or an MSc by Thesis in Mathematical Sciences.
- Applicants should hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard from a country in Africa.
- Applicants should not have previously studied at a university outside Africa.
- Applicants will need to provide evidence of possessing a qualification in English language that meets the minimum requirement. Details can be found here.
- Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented at Durham University.
- For the taught MScs, the awardee is required to attend all taught components of the chosen course and complete all assignments prescribed, including a dissertation. The two taught MSc programmes start on the first October 2016.
Application deadline for academic year 2017-18:
10 June 2017; the outcome of the decision process is expected by 15 July 2017 for entry in October 2017.
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted on-line through the Graduate School; see their application web pages for more details of the on-line application system. Please specify in the application form that you wish to be considered for the African students scholarship. If it is not possible for you to complete the on-line application form, please contact the department:
Postgraduate Admissions Secretary,
Department of Mathematical Sciences,
DURHAM DH1 3LE,
Tel: +44 (0)191 334 3050.
Fax: +44 (0)191 334 3051.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: