The Keele Excellence Scholarship
The Excellence Scholarship is a cash award of £1,000 paid in your first year of study, available to students who attain the highest grades in their pre-entry qualifications, regardless of household income levels.
To receive the Scholarship you must
- commence a full-time undergraduate degree course at Keele University in September 2018
- be a UK or EU student liable to pay £9,250* tuition fees. (* See details on expected fees here UK & EU Students - Undergraduate Tuition Fees)
- achieve at least AAA in your A levels (or equivalent). Click here for the complete list of 2018 Excellence Scholarship Qualifications
Students with the relevant grades in a mixture of qualifications (for example, two Distinctions in a BTEC qualification and an "A" grade in one A level) could be eligible to receive an Excellence Scholarship.
Please note that the list of eligible grades is not an exhaustive list.
- The Scholarship will not be awarded to students who receive NHS or other public funding for their course. Please note that if you do not receive the NHS bursary you may be eligible.
- Students taking undergraduate medicine will not receive the Keele Excellence Scholarship.
- The Excellence Scholarship is aimed at students who are taking their first degree. Students who have a degree or equivalent level qualification will not be considered for a Keele Excellence Scholarship.
Please note that this award is only available to students who enter onto year 1 of their programme of study. Students entering directly onto subsequent years (for example, those transferring from other institutions) will not be eligible.
How to apply
There is no need to apply, the Scholarship is automatically applied if you meet the criteria.
If you have any queries about eligibility for Excellence Scholarships, please use the following contact details:
Students living in the UK: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students living in the EU: email@example.com
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.