Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK universities. These scholarships are intended for students from developing commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to afford to undertake Master’s level study in the UK, to gain skills and knowledge which will allow them to contribute to the development of their home countries.
The scholarship covers the cost of your tuition fees, living costs of £1,034 per month, travel to the UK and return home at the end of the scholarship and other expenses.
Number of Scholarships - 4
Value - Tution Fees, Living costs and Expenses
Opens - 17 November 2016
Deadline - 3 March 2017
Help with - Tuition fees, Living costs, Travel costs
Duration - One-off award
To apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country (a full list is available from the original web page)
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2017
- Hold, by the closing date, a first degree of at least First Class Honours standard*
- Not have undertaken studies lasting one year or more in a developed country
- Be unable themselves, or through their families, to pay to study in the UK
Nauru, Samoa, Sri Lanka, Vanuatu, Belize, Ghana, Swaziland, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Bermuda, Kiribati, Malaysia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Falkland Islands , Fiji, Guyana, Kenya, Montserrat, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Lesotho, Pakistan, St Kitts and Nevis, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, British Virgin Islands [Virgin Islands, British], Malawi, Mauritius, Nigeria, St Lucia, Bangladesh, Gibraltar, Jamaica, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, India, Mozambique, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands , Cameroon
- Advanced Computer Science
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- International Law and Sustainable Development
- International Relations
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
*Please note that this is a higher requirement than the eligibility set by the Commonwealth Commission due to the high number of applications we receive for these scholarships.
How To Apply?
To be considered for the scholarship You have to fill in the online application form available on the original web page.
For more information please click on "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: