Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Applications for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships must be made by UK organisations that have set up a programme and identified a Fellow/Fellows who they wish to nominate. The CSC does not accept direct applications from candidates and cannot provide a list of UK organisations that are willing to host Fellows.
To be eligible for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Have normally at least five years’ relevant work experience in a profession related to the subject of the application, by the proposed start of the fellowship
- Be available to start their fellowship within prescribed dates as stated on the CSC website
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship in the last five years
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
The CSC promotes equal opportunity, gender equity, and cultural exchange. Applications are encouraged from a diverse range of candidates. The CSC is committed to administering and managing its scholarships and fellowships in a fair and transparent manner – for more information, see the CSC anti-fraud policy.
Applications are considered according to the following selection criteria:
- The extent to which the proposed fellowship will ensure the transfer of skills relevant to the needs of a Commonwealth developing country
- The extent to which those skills will lead to practical benefits for the developing country following the fellowship
- The extent to which the fellowship will have a catalytic effect, either within the developing country concerned, or in establishing new relationships with the UK
For further details, see Selection criteria for 2016 Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Terms and conditions
For full terms and conditions, see the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2016 prospectus
How to apply
If you are nominated by a UK organisation for a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship, you will be asked to complete an application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS).
If your application does not include two references – one from your current employer – it will be considered ineligible. You must check with your referees that they have submitted their references via the EAS – further information for referees on how to submit a reference
The deadline for applications for 2016 (Round 1) Commonwealth Professional Fellowships is 23:59 (BST) on17 May 2016. You must liaise with your host/nominating organisation well in advance of this date to agree a deadline to complete the EAS, so that the organisation can submit the full application by the official deadline.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: