The U.S. Embassy Brussels Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Grants Program for Individuals.
PAS Brussels invites proposals for projects that strengthen ties between the United States and Belgium by highlighting shared values and promoting bilateral cooperation.
Grant proposals must convey an American cultural element, support a priority program area, or include a connection with American expert(s), organization(s), or institution(s) in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Participants and Audiences
- Women and youth from underserved communities;
- Cultural institutions;
- Academic institutions;
- Business leaders and entrepreneurs;
- Community leaders;
- U.S. and Belgian thought leaders;
- Social and new media users; and
- Journalists, media organizations.
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the United States and Belgium:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience;
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions; or
- Governmental institutions.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
The following types of projects are not eligible for funding:
- Projects relating to partisan political activity;
- Charitable or development activities;
- Construction projects;
- Projects that support specific religious activities;
- Fundraising campaigns;
- Lobbying for specific legislation or projects;
- Scientific research; or
- Projects that duplicate existing projects.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.