How does one become a scout? Or a technical director of a football club? There really isn’t a course you can take for that. That is what we want to change with our Football Behaviour Management (FBM) course.
The main idea is to combine relevant scientific theory with practical know-how of professionals working as scouts, technical directors or player agents. During the course you will find new talent, apply the relevant scientific theories to your findings and present the talent you find to the decision makers of the virtual club.
The scientific part of the course will consist of:
- Organizational Behavior Management (OBM). OBM is the most scientific way to bring the best out of people. OBM is targeted at work within organizations.
- Cybernetic Big Five Theory (CB5T). CB5T is the most scientific way of looking at personality. Again, CB5T is a great tool to make sure you deeply understand the people you work with.
- Triangulation. The Triangulation model of communication explains why you always need three points to understand anything. In terms of football: the player, the manager and the game itself.
- Viable System Model (VSM). VSM is a cybernetic approach to organizations. As we are already using cybernetics with CB5T it is only natural to also include VSM. VSM is the most scientific way to model an organization and hence also a football club.
- Subjective Bayesian statistics. A lot of decisions that you need to take as a scout or technical director are clouded with uncertainty. Bayesian statistics is the most scientific way of dealing with uncertainty.
Anyone with an interest in the football side of running & developing a professional football club.
Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of organisational behaviour to achieve excellent results within a professional football organisation.
- Explain how OBM and ABA can help change organisational behaviour
- Show familiarity with the ABC model and ABC analysis.
- Discuss the main concepts in OBM/ABA and how they can help improve performance.
- Apply the OBM protocol to real-life behaviour.
- Model a professional football organisation with VSM.
- Use VSM to diagnose and optimise a professional football organisation.
- Use CB5T to understand people's needs, desires and goals.
- Understand how people’s needs, desires and goals can help an organisation achieve its goals.
Credits info: 3 EC
Contact Hours: 60
EUR 950: Tuition fees two-week course:
VU Students/PhD candidates and employees of VU Amsterdam* or an Aurora Network Partner €650
Students at Partner Universities of VU Amsterdam €900
Students and PhD candidates at non-partner universities of VU Amsterdam €950*
For further information, please click the "LINK TO ORIGINAL" button below.